A virtual symposium on “How AI is Transforming Gaming, Media & Entertainment” was co-hosted by The Fisher Center for Business Analytics (FCBA) at the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, in partnership with Affine on 24February 2022. The event highlighted how the metaverse is poised to enable the gaming, entertainment and media industries to boom and how artificial intelligence (AI) will be a catalyst in the metamorphosis of these sectors.
The 2022 AI Summit brought together more than 20 prominent industry leaders from around the world with 800+ attendees across industries and universities to discuss how AI will empower the future of content engagement with insights on consumer behavior.
The event focused around discussion about what the next decade of media and entertainment could look like as a result of the technological disruptions in content engagement from the advent of AI and the cloud. Sessions examined such topics as:
- The importance of diversity and equality/ inclusivity in gaming, media & entertainment with advancements in social media and metaverse realities providing new revenue streams for companies that want to stay ahead in a constantly evolving digital landscape.
- How to create a more engaging experience with a better understanding of the audience in the world of Web 3.0.
Eminent speakers from leading organizations across verticals participated in the event, including:
- Affine Co-founder, and CEO Manas Agrawal,
- Affine board member, president Saurabh Tandon
- Zee5 president Nitin Mittal
- Google TV senior director of Engineering Shobana Radhakrishnan,
- Mobile Premier League (MPL) Data Sciences and Analytics Kabir Rustogi,
- Warner Bros. Entertainment director marketing analytics Keith Van Houw,
“Hosting some of the most significant voices in technology and media, the 2022 AI Symposium addressed some major concerns regarding the future of content engagement.Thanks to the great turn out, we were able to go over the significance of ethics and privacy, the role of data and analytics in a changing entertainment landscape, why media and technology sectors must work hand in hand, and the various ways AI could digitally transform the way we imagine worlds,” says FCBA executive director Gauthier Vasseur.
Affine CEO and co-founder Manas Agrawal, added, “The 2022 AI Virtual Symposium paved the way for media & technology sectors to collaborate and determine the future of gaming, media and entertainment. We should keep the ball rolling with more meaningful conversations around overcoming some of the implementation challenges in addition to how industry leaders can help prepare for investments in future technologies.”
“With the onset of the metaverse and all-pervasive artificial intelligence, both producers and consumers stand to gain from the profound shifts in media and entertainment. To make an impact on their audiences, content producers will need to bring together emerging technologies, data science, and a spirit of experimentation to create “deep data” experiences across multiple channels,” says Americas at Affine Board Member and President Saurabh Tandon.
- Content engagement is no longer a commercial paradigm; it is evolving into a social paradigm. Revenue from online and gaming will grow in the years to come; with entertainment moving from a linear channel to OTT platforms, everyone now has the power to create content.
- Five years ago, cookies allowed businesses to exchange marketing metrics from Facebook and YouTube advertising. However, with the degradation of cookies in recent years, enterprises are turning back to probability approaches.
- Acquisition and retention are the two crucial grids of marketing. Retention is less expensive; however, if you cannot retain your existing customers, you will have to spend more on new ones.
- Diversity and Equality in gaming: It’s crucial to contribute to the communities that never got the chance to express themselves in the gaming space.
- AI in Media & Entertainment: The Future of TV: Content engagement relies on both implicit and explicit signals from the audience. Eliminating clustering in algorithms is critical for personal recommendation.
- Data Privacy: Data collection in gaming, media and entertainment businesses are crucial, and privacy is the intersection of data. When we drill down Data Privacy, we comprehend that knowledge accompanies reasonability.
- While reactive and proactive ML tools help establish a robust defense against toxic conduct, players have to look out for one another to protect the community.
- The Metaverse today is a virtual room primarily developed for interaction and communication. It is a leap, just like gaming and cloud, and we are all early adopters.